4/22/12

The fair, in laws and homemade kites

(we started off this weekend listening to the newsies soundtrack in bed.  the definition of cool.  I have screwed my kids so much)
This weekend was litrally a blast (said like chris on parks and recs).  
Jeff worked on saturday, and so did julie's hub so we headed out to paint the town as anyone with 5 kids in tow.
We started out running at the park and then ben left his shoes there, but I didn't realize that until we got to the mini fair that was set up in the mall parking lot.  I figured it wasn't too hot and no one will notice and I didn't want to have to drag everyone away from the fair to go back to the park and yadayada.  I am mother of the year all. the. time. and, unforch (like penny on happy endings would say) people tend to look down on kids without shoes on black top parking lots.  So, this nice lady brought me shoes.  Yup. Brought me boy shoes she had in her car.  
This turned out to be quite the fortunate event because she told us that if we went into the mall we could get these wrist bands for $5 a kid and everyone could ride as many rides as the want!  This lady is an angel from heaven.  We ran into the mall, got the wristbands, grabbed lunch and then headed back to the fair.  Unfortunately NO ONE told us that the wrist bands only lasted until 2 and we got back to the fair at 2:11.  
Awesome.
Well.  At least we got the wristbands.
wahwahwah.
Needless to say, we stayed at the fair and the kids had a blast.  
Group pics are so hard.
And they got cotton candy, so they were def excited about that.
Today, my in laws came in town, and like they always do, they brought the fun.
They had a random idea to make a kite, did it and it worked.  
Let me tell you that if it was my idea, I would have a) never thought of it actually in the first place
b) gotten lazy half way through or c) it def would not have worked.
These people are amazing.
drawing on the kite
We decided to decorate it with markers since it was maybe not the most attractive kite ever.  I mean, not to hurt its feelings. It had so many other good qualities- it was functional.
drawing on kite4
sassy drawing on kite
jeff and aves
First, we took it out in our neighborhood and it worked okay.
jeffs special picture
Is this not the best picture you have ever seen??? I just love it.  He isn't smizing like tyra would say, but maybe smishing?  smiling/wishing with all his might that it will work? or smirking?  smiling and working at it so hard? we'll take a vote later.
kristen flying kite2
I tried and was amazing at it, clearly.
avery flying kite
And then avery got it up!
We decided to take it to a big field and see if we could get it work better.
jeff and bob working on kite
jeff and avery flying kite
avery flying kite at field
nana holding avery
avery as justin beiber
Oh, and justin beiber came up to meet us.
it works!
avery and papa with the kite
chasing the kite
ben and avery watching the kite
ben and avery watching kite2
kite
Overall it was just a super fun weekend.
What?  Y'all are so tired of the same pic over and over of the same kite and the same kids and the same day because I cant pic which one to use??? Ugh.  I know.  Picnic quit on us and stole that whole collage thing we had going on.
And while we are on that and I am an entire bag of cheetos down and on to chex mix, lets just talk about flickr and pinterest.  I saw people couldn't pin anymore (not that that many people pin or anything) and were doing the header bc they couldn't do the pics, so I added the pin button at the bottom of the posts.  That didn't work, so now I just look like a tool who thinks everyone wants to pin something on every post. So annoying. I did do half of this post with blogger, so thats a plus.
I know.
This is such an injustice.
Right up there with why diet coke isn't good for you even though it obviously should be.  Or why when you become a mom you lose your brain even though you need it more than ever. I don't know. I just don't know.
(Actually, the real injustice is the harm done to the earth (love that segue???) and we need to reduce, reuse and recycle more so that we can keep the earth clean and nice for kite flying days!  Happy Earth Day!)
If you go here you can repin stuff that has been pinned recently; I am going to talk to al and see what we do. More later.
Hope you guys had a great weekend too, and maybe got all of your kids clothes on them in public at all times. Ill stop with the kite pics now.

8 comments:

Misty said...

I vote 'smishing.' :) I seriously cracked up during this post. So fun! And I always want to pin everything... like your kitchen! So pretty. And there is an app that I have been using for collages but ill have to tweet it to you bc I can't remember what its called.

jennifer said...

hahahahaha!!! love you!!

Deep South Sweets said...

Download picasa....you can do collages there since picnik up and quit!

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Oh my where to even start! ha!
Love all the pics!!!! And especially love that Ben got new shoes from a random lady. I mean Whhahttt!? So awesome! ha!
And what I love most is you taking your kids to a little fair while your husband works :) Coolest mom ever :) high five!
Have a great Monday friend!
And P.s. thanks for updating... since you are one of my favorite blogs and all ;)

the tichenor family said...

i want to BE YOUR NEIGHBOR. how many times have i so creepily said that to you over the past couple of years. you are so fun and so funny! loving that ben got shoes from a stranger. loving that y'all were so determined to make that homemade kite work. such simple pleasures! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL_ you had me nearly peeing my pants laughing at the Justin Bieber comment!

BrookeD said...

I love it all!! Great pictures!! Yay for moms with extra shoes in their cars! ;)
You CRACK me up!! I very much enjoyed your segue into the earth friendly speech!! Classic! (And oh so true!!)

Jordan said...

I was going to suggest Picassa, too...its free and they have a collage maker-thingy...and they bought a bunch of Picnik's editing presets, if you used those. :)

Love this whole post, btw.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...