9/19/11

flower for lindi

My sweet friend Lindi got married this last weekend and I am SO sad that I wasn't able to be there! The travel was just going to be near impossible with me and the two kiddos. Brittany and Amy were so great to send me picture texts throughout the weekend so I felt like I was in the loop. 
Last week Lindi sent me a text telling me about this flower she had found on Etsy that she wanted to wear in her hair for the wedding. Her wedding was 8 days away and the flower she wanted was going to take 2 weeks to get to her. I was beyond flattered when Lindi told me of all people she thought that I could replicate the flower for her. I am a last minute girl myself so I was more than happy to help her out! I was a little nervous at first but once I googled a few things and made a couple trips to the fabric store I was excited. It was so fun to make! 
I bought different types of synthetic fabric. (synthetic being the key word here.) Any type of cotton fabric will just catch on fire. (trust me) I then cut three different sizes of circles out of card stock and pinned them to the fabric to cut out. I cut 9 circles out of each different fabric, 3 of each circle size. The fabrics I used were different types of silk, chiffon, tulle, lace and organza.
DSC_0010
DSC_0011
Then I took each piece of fabric and held it close to a flame to singe the edges. This made it so the fabric would not fray and it curled the edges up so that the fabric circle formed a bowl shape. It took me a few times to figure out just how close to hold the fabric so it wouldn't brown or catch on fire. Once all the circles were singed I layered them to form a flower. I sewed all the circles together using a needle and thread and then sewed some pearls and beads in the center. 
DSC_0043
I hot glued some branch/twig things and a hair clip to the back of the flower. 
DSC_0021
I think it turned out great and it looked beautiful in Lindi's hair.
Picnik collage
So I over nighted it to the beautiful bride so she would have it in time for her special day.
DSC_0023
DSC_0027
Here are Brittany and Amy and some of the pics they texted me of the wedding. The bridesmaid dresses were denim dresses from the Gap. How cute are they?!
IMG_2864
Lindi gettin her hair done.
IMG_2868
IMG_2858
Mason jars were everywhere. Lindi's dad even turned some into lights. So fun!
IMG_2865
IMG_2860
This is my favorite part! Since the wedding was outdoors there wasn't any official door that Lindi would walk through. Brittany stumbled across these red doors a while ago and they had the BRILLIANT idea to make a doorway for Lindi to walk through. Lindi's dad (he sounds like quite the handy man) built a frame for the two red doors. That way nobody saw Lindi until the doors were open by the ushers. ahhhh! It gives me goosebumps to imagine that moment! 
IMG_2867
IMG_2866
and here are two photos that I stole from the amazing photographers facebook page:) Aric and Casey were the photographers for Taylor and Lindi's wedding and I can not wait to see all the amazing photos they took! They are very talented and so sweet! You can go to their website to see their work and pretty soon more pics of this wedding. 
300459_10150380401323055_274169153054_10062091_1323483898_n
314880_10150380401428055_274169153054_10062093_693261979_n
 Congrats guys! I can't wait to see more pics of y'alls beautiful wedding!

1 comment:

Brittany Strebeck said...

what a lovely post :) your flower made lindi's look complete!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...