3/20/11

Ella's Dance Party!

I mean, BEST party ever!
Picnik collage
We stayed up till 1am the night before puffing pom-pom balls, dipping mini apples and hanging silhouettes. This party could not have happened without the help of so many wonderful friends and family! (and of course it couldn't have been captured more beautifully without the amazing Brittany and her camera skills)
justdance-10
I love how the dancing silhouettes turned out! Go here for a how to.
justdance-24
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Each guest went home with a c.d of some of Ella's fav dance tunes ranging from nsync to mama mia:)
Picnik collage
If the kids wanted a break from dancing I had a table set up where they could trace their body striking a dance move and then decorate it.
justdance-13
DSC_0044
DSC_0037
Everything came together so great and all the kids had so much fun dancing. The dance floor and pa system that I rented form Spoil Me Rotten made the party. (and DJ Bob of course!)
DSC_0050
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
How can you have a dance party without your very own mini flash mob?! Somehow I talked my sweet friends into doing this with me. Practicing the week before was all worth it, lots of good laughs! We took most of the moves from Just Dance on the Wii and mixed them together. At the beginning of the party Bob announced that the adults had a little surprise and thats when we busted out our cool dance moves. You can see it here.

17 comments:

Josh, Erica, Garrett, and Haylee said...

You are a super awesome mom!! You have motivated me to throw awesome birthday parties!!! Love the DANCING PARTY......and LOVE the mini flast mob!! NOT dorky at ALL!!!

kristen said...

that party is just amazing! amazing-everything about it is so perfect! we are so sad we missed it!! love the flash mob and the pics of everyone dancing are so so good! and ellas little shirt and tutu are fantastic!! i love it!!

soraya said...

Today I accidentally landed on your blog. I am a mom of 34 years and I have a daughter almost 6 years.

Ella's birthday party looked really great! Soon we organize a dance party for Valentine's sixth birthday. I hope it will also be so much fun!

Greetings from belgium

Tulip and Turnip said...

That is the cutest party ever! The flash mob dance was adorable. Ella is so lucky to have a mom like you!

Lifethrualinds said...

I mean a.ma.zing! Are you kidding!? How fun is that?! I can't believe you did it again. I don't know how you can totally outdo yourself every year but you do. So sad we missed it. It looks like SO much fun! The flash mob is fantastic and the pics are adorable! Love it all!

Jamie said...

you are too adorable!! the party was precious and you are so fun!! love it!

the tichenor family said...

YOU ARE MY HERO. This party is so clever, so adorable, and of course... SUPER creative. I am obsessed, once again. Love it!! Great job mama.

the tichenor family said...

YOU ARE MY HERO. This party is so clever, so adorable, and of course... SUPER creative. I am obsessed, once again. Love it!! Great job mama.

Unknown said...

so so fun! love the colors and the cute details and the dancing mommies...way to go with a brand new baby, too!!

mom22 said...

Adorable! I am having a "prom" party for my daughter next month. I have been contemplating what to do for a dance floor. I take iut you rented yours? Was it expensive? If you prefer to email me, please do so. ThielCollarM@gmail.com.
Again, so cute!

Leslie said...

The party was fantastic!! Seriously so perfect for kids that age. Too bad my boys just stood there while all the girls danced their hearts out. I have a feeling that won't change!! You are too cute and one of the most creative people I know. Please don't move!!!

lins said...

looks like SO much fun!! I think my favorite picture is dj bob...

Ruthie said...

FUN FUN FUN!! Very clever loved it all!! keep up the good work I just got so motivated...
Ruthie:)

The Whitecotton's World said...

Aidan and I didn't know Teacher Allison had such cool moves! You have the greatest ideas. I'm sorry I haven't made the time for blogs at all in a very long time. I am trying to get back to it and I have missed you and yours so MUCH!!!!! I haven't even seen a pic of baby McKenna since the day she was born. :-( She's beautiful and what a big girl Ella is becoming.

Unknown said...

Love Love the idea and if you dont mind i will be doing the same thing for my soon to be 3 year old baby girl aliana... what other foods did you have for the kids and adults? if u dont mind sharing more points about this party i would really really appiciated it :O) thanks,
Diana

Allison said...

I would love to share some more points about the party. Just send me an email and I can answer any questions you might have. allison.booth@mac.com Thanks so much!
Allison

christinejones80 said...

how did you make your dance floor??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...