3/29/11

crafts for Cooper

Cooper made his grand arrival today and everything went perfect!  Mom, dad and baby are doing just wonderful. 
CooperStrebeck_Blog-023
How happy does this picture make you?! What a beautiful little family of three. The wonderful Courtney Ryburn took pictures of Cooper being born. Go here to see more amazing pics and hear more details of the birth. 
Babies make me so happy and being up at the hospital today as one of my best friends gave birth just makes me giddy. I can't wipe the smile off my face. It was just a perfect day and I can't wait to love on little Cooper some more!
I wanted to make something handmade for when Cooper was born. I mean what kind of cheesy craft mom would I be if I didn't?! It took me a while to come up with what to make, boy crafts are a little bit harder for me. 
 Several months ago I was in the kitchen with Brittany having coffee. She pulled out this coffee mug and told me that when she bought it years ago it made her think of what her little baby's nursery might be like one day. It was a simple mug with three leaves and the word grow. Every time I pulled out that mug I thought of that story and it made me think of baby Cooper. I wanted to do a little something with that mug for Brittany to put in Cooper's room. 
DSC_0054
DSC_0060
I bought a small square canvas and tried to copy the image as best I could by hand painting it onto the canvas. Then with my horrible hand writing I wrote a verse on the back. 
I also made a sign to hang on the Brittany's hospital door. I used canvas for this craft too, so between these two projects I now own 7 different sizes of blank canvas. I was never too sure on what size...
I used my silhouette machine to help me make this one and it was very easy. I designed the image on the silhouette and then printed it on green and blue card stock. I glued and sealed the card stock on the canvas with mod podge. I then took some chalk board paint and painted a square at the bottom of the canvas. That way Cooper's date, time, weight and height could be added in after he was born. I printed the wording on the chalk board paint with the silhouette as well. I thumb tacked black ribbon to the back and thats it! It was ready to be filled out and hung on the hospital door.
DSC_0090
DSC_0058
DSC_0057
IMG_1906
Yay for baby Cooper! I love you so much!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I want to be like you, lol

the tichenor family said...

oh my goodness, you are the best friend ever. love the sweet things you made and I am DYING to get my hands on a Silhouette.

the tichenor family said...

oh my goodness, you are the best friend ever. love the sweet things you made and I am DYING to get my hands on a Silhouette.

Erynn said...

You could totally sell those. I love it. I kind of want one if we get to have another baby some day! That was a fantastic, very sweet and thoughtful idea.

Lifethrualinds said...

Yay for baby Cooper! Congrats to Brittany and Jordan. So fun. And I LOVE your canvas verse and hospital sign! So adorable. You definitely could sell those.

Leslie said...

Yay!! Oh my goodness what a beautiful lil family!! So glad all went well. Can't wait to come meet mr cooper!!

jojo said...

Beautiful tribute to the arrival of baby Cooper! So excited for all of you! I can't wait to meet him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...