5/16/10

Two By Two

so, this weekend was the twins party and it was so much fun!! we had tons of people from outta town, the playgroup friends, as well as grandparents and aunts/uncles. it was just so fantastic.
i had wanted to do a noahs ark party when they turned one but i felt like two by two when they were two was prob more appropriate.
Picnik collage
IMG_2624
one of the first things i did was ask jeff to build an ark to go on the mantle. he went to lowes and just found some wood and put it together so fast. he had his own vision for everything and it turned out so great.
IMG_2636
IMG_2621
i found these animals at target on sale that were the perfect colors and i filled the ark with them.
then i made a banner like allison's with tissue paper that i put all over the house.
Picnik collage
pretty early on i decided i wanted to have umbrellas as the party favor and i found some that were the perfect size from oriental trading company. they were design-your-own umbrellas, so they were white when they sent them and easy to screen print on. i made an ark design on powerpoint (we know i love powerpoint) and screen printed that on the umbrellas and then tied a raindrop (that i printed their initials and b-day on) with twine to the bottom.
IMG_2617
Picnik collage
celeste made up a rhyme to go with them that said "take an umbrella to keep the rain off of you, and help us remember the day we turned two!" so cute. loved it.
i cut out some raindrops from cardstock and sewed them together to hang above the umbrellas. i put them on the chandeliers too.
i just drew a rainbow on my shirt with a paintbrush (it was pretty ghetto) and i used the same screen printed ark design for the twins t shirts. i made sawyer an elephant hair clip out of felt and a little skirt that def showed off her tush a little too much...what can i say? the girl could make j lo jealous.
Picnik collage
i also made this little cloud bunting that i hung in the kitchen and over the ark that you can kinda see behind the raindrops.
IMG_2625
we had, you know, the usual-animal crackers, goldfish, gummy bears, zebra cakes, swedish fish (even though, who really knows if noah had to do anything with the fish??? did they just have to fend for themselves?? did the water affect them at all? sorry, side note) and then rice krispy treats and fiesta dip (that is truly a fiesta in your mouth). my cousin's wife, hayley, sent me the best surprise package a few days before party. she found these cupcake liners and toppers that had actually seen here and they are soooo cute. i was so excited. i had no idea it was coming and i couldnt stop smiling when i opened them and i saved the rest so i can use them again. they are so fun.
IMG_2628
Picnik collage
and the CAKE. the cake. it was amazing. then, even though i told him he did not have to, my amazing cousin, christopher, (who was in africa just the week before with my mom) and his wife, tiffany, and brother, david todd, made the most amazing cake i have ever seen!! it was just so perfect!! he used 11 (yes, 11) boxes of cake, 12 things of icing and it weighed 50 pounds!! it was incredible!! i mean, incredible! he used graham crackers all around it to look like wood and we put rubber animals on top. i mean, he should have a business. it was moist and delicious on the inside because the graham crackers sealed it and just melted in your mouth.
IMG_2655
IMG_2673
my dad held ben while they blew out the candles and they got super shy while everyone sang to them...hilarious.
Picnik collage
so, i am not the best at thinking of party games and things of that nature, but luckily the bounce house place came through with a bounce house/water slide that was in the shape of a giant wave! i mean, we built an ark and there were waves all around us! it was so fun and even though it was kinda cold outside and we couldnt do the water with it, the kids loved it and went up and down it the whole party. love the wave. just wish we couldve done it with water!
Picnik collage
it was also nice enough to swing and play outside so that turned out great.
IMG_2656
IMG_2730
thank you SO much to everyone who came to the party, stayed up late helping me get everything together, cleaned up afterwards, rode the wave, baked, cooked, brought kids, ate, drank, traveled, brought presents and just helped us celebrate!! (and im just so sad because i dont have any pics of anyone cause i was so bad at using my camera at the party!! thanks celeste for the pics i do have!!) it was such a fun party and we are so thankful to end our time in lubbock with a mini party with our friends. we cant tell you how much you all mean to us and how much we have enjoyed getting to know you all.
Picnik collage
and happy birthday ben and sawyer!! these past two years have just flown by and could not be more thankful for you both. i feel like it was just yesterday when you guys were in the NICU and i thought how incredibly lucky i was to get to come visit TWO babies, instead of just one. thank you for making my life full, crazy, and just overall, pretty special. love you ben jam and sassarina.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!! I want to have twins just so I can throw that cute birthday party!!! Such a great idea Kristen! I wish I were still in Lubbock so I could have come!!! And I just can't believe how big your babies are...they are just precious!

Lifethrualinds said...

I have been waiting all day for the post!!! Love all the pics and all he decor. Love you ben and sassy!!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

oh my goodness!! you are just the cutest mama ever! and this party is amazing!!! i'm so impressed..i might need to share this on my blog it's so awesome! i found you through party perfect. great job mama!

Kate said...

Um, so my birthday is coming up and wanted to know if you'll throw me a bday party because y'alls parties are so incredibly fantastic!! I mean, c'mon, it's time to start a business for sure. Y'all are so creative, think of absolutely everything, and make it happen with such amazing detail and sooo much fun. I can't believe the twins are 2!! Love you, Kristen!!

jordan said...

loved it! i know this is random, but we forgot to bring Kead's umbrella home and she was so sad- any chance you still have some lying around?

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! what a great theme for twins! you are so clever :) this party is adorable. love the shirts (yours too) the arc over the mantle, all the stuffies, the CAKE...every detail is just great!

Leslie said...

seriously one of the best partay's ever!! we all had so much fun. boys were crying on the drive home begging to go again. loved everything about it. ben and sass are such lucky lil 2 year olds!!!

Nina said...

I have been waiting to see these! So sorry I couldn't make it but I knew it'd be a blast no matter what the weather did. You are awesome. love the umbrellas. Happy bday ben and sassy!!!

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Found your blog through the busy budgeting mama!


LOVE It all!!!! Darling party!
And your babes are too sweet :)

Unknown said...

i have twins and LOVE this idea! they are only 6 months old so i have to wait 1 1/2 yrs to take advantage of such an adorable party.

Coastal California said...

so so darling & wondeful putting it all together for a perfect 2X2 theme. love it!
~Ada in Coastal Cali

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

LOVE! Posting tomorrow =)

Gage said...

ADORABLE! i can't believe how beautifully you decorated, and that cake, holy cow!

p.s. i love your blog header :)

Unknown said...

This is just adorable!! I love all the touches you added to this fabulous day! Glad I found your blog! :)

testing 1 said...

What a unique twist on the classic theme! I love your party favors, I'm such a fan of unique ones and of course that cake! Hope no one threw out their backs picking that up! I can't wait to share with my readers.

Heather said...

Such an adorable party! I'm a mommy of twins too and absolutely loved the idea you had. My girls turn 3 in November. Enjoy your time with your little ones. I count my blessings every day that I got two. They are so much fun.
All the best!

Blair Wheeler said...

Thanks for letting me be a guest at such a fun and creative party! What a blessing Sassy and Ben are to everyone and I am so thankful to have them in my life. Happy Birthday precious babies!

Blair Wheeler said...

Thanks for letting me be a guest at such a fun and creative party! What a blessing Sassy and Ben are to everyone and I am so thankful to have them in my life. Happy Birthday precious babies!

Amanda said...

Ben and Sawyer are adorable - love their #2 shirts :) What an amazing party you put together - I love the theme!! The cake looks amazing as do all of the decorations. You did a fabulous job :)

Melanie said...

So sad I missed the ark party!! It was precious as always!!

BollingWith5 said...

Hello. I have a set of boy-girl twins that are turning two in March. I knew since their first party that I wanted to do this theme for their second . I am very detailed in my party planning process and want a unique invite. What did you do? Finally, thinking of having the party at build-a-bear and they can build their own animal to go along with the theme. Do you like it? Please write back to ninjasmamma@yahoo.com

BollingWith5 said...

Hello. I wrote a few weeks back.... the very last comment. My name is Kristin too! I also have boy girl twins. I am hoping to hear back from you at email address bollingwith5@gmail.com Can you tell me where you got your onsies and rainbow t-shirt from? I think I am having our Noah's ark party at the zoo. Can you tell me what your invitations looked like and WHAT the wording was? I would love to see all pictures if possible.

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I just saw this on Tip Junkie....on Facebook! That is such an awesome party theme and you are now crowned Creative Queen. My daughter does these elaborate baby showers too. I have her photos on my site. Well, I have the photos of the baby shower her friend threw for her and one she threw as well. But, I digress....loved the Noah's Ark theme.

Brittany Schwaigert said...

This is ADORABLE! Love all the fun touches, like the raindrop bunting and the umbrella favors! Brilliant! Also, I want to borrow your husband--mine is NOT crafty! LOL.

Miss G said...

That cake is AMAZING!!! Wow! Kelly

Jana said...

I am planning a Noah's ark party for my son in couple weeks.... I would love some info or tips on how to make the ark cake! I just fell in love with that cake! Please email me at Jana.matlock@gmail.com..thanks so much! Love your ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...