2/21/10

elastic waist skirts

so, i had a productive day for the first time in like, i dont know, years. i woke up, worked out (if you call bouncing around to the same tae bo dvd that ive used for the last twelve years a workout), we went to church, and i made these elastic waist skirts. insanity. dont be fooled, however, they are super easy and i am in no way a perfectionist so they are not good, but they were super fun. as you can tell. i made a million. i just couldnt stop. i used these instructions and it was so easy (she tells you exactly how to do everything. she really makes it sooo easy). (and i just found these for a little one. and with hearts!! i love it!!) i want to use the same pattern for easter skirts with ben a matching tie with the seersucker... and then allison told me she found wider elastic and i loved that so i had to try one with that.
Picnik collage
more elastic skirts
and aves wanted to wear a pink shirt and sass wanted white so, there ya go. there was no real outfit creating or hair brushing but they are smiling so thats good. i used this cute cordoroy that linds and al got me for my bday and fabric from shannon for mine (i maybe wont be wearing it with this shirt but it worked for the photo shoot).
IMG_1880
IMG_1877
IMG_1884
aves snow day
then aves found some rainbow fabric that i had and insisted that i make her a rainbow skirt. and then i saw the little girl tutorial (how stinkin cute is that skirt!! and i love the pockets. and that little model... so cute) on freshly picked and added heart pockets. and then she had to wear the heart shirt. of course.
Picnik collage

14 comments:

jordan said...

CUTE! did you see all the boy sewing idea links my sister put on the kojo blog a couple days ago?

Susan said...

sosososososo sweet, i love each and every one of them.

Susan said...

ps. just read through your blog and it is my new favorite blog...seriously.

Elizabeth said...

So cute! You were super productive! The skirts are all super cute - great job!

Erynn said...

i want one!!!

lins said...

i am going to copy this. today.

Melanie said...

I love skirts and these are just perfect! So cute :)

Sarah said...

i love it kristen!!! you are awesome!

jojo said...

Ok you are really stepping up your game. I am so impressed. They are all so cute and the brown woven belt, a perfect touch. Now I think you need to consider doing one for Mini, JoJo, and Honey, we would wear them with great joy.

Blair Wheeler said...

Your children look like models - so cute!

Can I call dibs on the black/white one? Its my fav!

Rūta said...

They are really great, especially the blue one and striped with black waist.

Kirsten said...

Where did you get your fabric? I am having a hard time finding cute stuff!!

Anonymous said...

These are great I've made two skirts using this tutorial but I'm curious as to what type of fabric you used in the first 2 skirts?

Because the first skirt I did I used polyester which wasn't a very good idea because it looked very bell ish and the second one I used cotton and it came out okay I think it will look better when its washed..

Do you think maybe if instead of having the fabric double the size of the elastic it should be a few inches less so that its not too bell shaped? I hope this is making sense & that someone can help me :/

loveclay@hotmail.com
http://loveclay.etsy.com

Karin Marie said...

These are wicked cute! Good job! where did you get your rainbow striped fabric? I'm doing a rainbow theme for my dughters birthday and that fabric is perfect! karin marie :)
blondechic1413@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...